Tuesday 1 September 2009

Majestic's Marvelous Money Making Move

The current climate has been particularly hard on the wine industry, forcing many to make cuts, look at their operations and embrace cost saving methods. However, it’s fair to say that the majority of this hasn’t resulted in consumer savings.

Recent news from Majestic though could be great news for wine lovers. In what would seem to be a response to the current economic climate, it has decided to reduce the minimum in store purchase from twelve to six bottles; following trials across the country which unsurprisingly, proved incredibly popular.

For someone like me this is fantastic news. I don’t always want to purchase twelve bottles, I don’t have the storage space, let alone the resources, but I love Majestic. Unlike many supermarkets, it doesn’t stock just anything; it carries some very exclusive wine, as well as the better known, premium brands. For wine enthusiasts, it’s always worth a visit – and even more so now!

Whilst over the internet, you will still have to purchase twelve bottles; you do get free delivery thrown in. Don’t know about you, but I’d much rather peruse the store than sit online (ironic huh?!)

The aim has been to make Majestic more accessible to its current clients, whilst drawing in new customers. I have to say, I think it’s long overdue, and a tactic which will see an increase in sales and new customers. Let’s just hope, that this doesn’t alter their view towards the stock they carry. That’s something I wouldn’t ever want to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment